Associate Director of Program Services
Provide Overall Coordination for the Comcare Mentor Program.
- To help set criteria for expectations related to the mentoring program
- To help assess staff and selection of mentors
- To coordinate and train mentors on the expectations of the mentoring program.
- To coordinate with scheduling to pair mentors with new staff for a minimum of two weeks
- To meet regularly with mentors and new staff to assess how things are going and needed changes during the first year of new hire employment
- To track and coordinate with accounting to ensure mentor program bonuses are paid
- To set up tools to measure program success (new staff progress, vacancy rates, turnover analysis).
- To continue to look for ways to make improvements to the program
- To report to management regularly on program issues and success.
- To work as a mentor when needed
- To help train staff on documentation requirements (data sheets & electronic documentation)
- To participate in on-call rotation
- To perform other functions as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years experience working with individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
- Ability to be insured as a vehicle driver by agency’s insurance program.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Good knowledge of basic English sufficient to read instructions, keep records and write reports.
- Successful completion of background and reference check.
- Successful completion of a drug screen.
- Ability to intervene physically on an occasional basis with aggressive and violent individuals including, but not limited to, the ability to engage in quick and exertive holding, stooping, bending, twisting, and turning.
- Ability to physically assist individuals in daily activities, including, but not limited to, assistance in transfers, eating, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Ability to perform repetitive bending and exertion movements daily including, but not limited to, those found in bed making, lifting laundry, and mopping.
- Ability to perform small hand movements daily including, but not limited to, those involved in the hand assembly of small manufacturing parts.
- Mobility sufficient to climb stairs daily and easily, enter and exit vans daily, and occasionally engage in running.
- Ability to engage in physical exercise several times a week with individuals including, but not limited to walking, shooting basketball and pool exercise.
- Visual and auditory ability to meet individuals’ needs and assure their safety.
Ability to handle appropriately the stress which is created by job situations including, but not limited to, noise, conflicting demands for time and attention, and physically and/or verbally aggressive/combative individuals.